Principles of Bibliographical Description
by Bowers, Fredson
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
From the text: "The craze for first impressions of first editions, and first issues of first impressions of first editions, and first states of first impressions of first editions, has occasionally resulted in speculation and bibliographical absurdity among collectors and dealers.... Any minor change made in the course of the original printing is immediately seized on as constituting an 'issue.' A trial binding used for perhaps twenty copies of salesmen's samples becomes a rare 'first issue.'"
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- About Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Principles of Bibliographical Description
- Bowers, Fredson
- Book condition
- New New
- Jacket condition
- No jacket
- 1994 reprint, with New Introduction
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Oak Knoll Press / St Paul's Bibliographies
- Place of Publication
- New Castle, Delaware/ Winchester, Hampshire [U.K.]
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Book Collecting / References for Book Collectors;
- 8vo. xxv, 505pp
Terms of Sale
Prices are net to all. Please add 8.375% sales tax for any order sent to a Nevada address (unless you have provided an official resale or tax exemption certificate). All items are guaranteed as described. We take pride in our book descriptions. Every item is meticulously examined so that condition and edition are listed as accurately as possible. We strive to provide pertinent bibliographical details. In addition, our listings frequently include content summaries, details on provenance, and/or biographical notes on the author. Our descriptions are protected by copyright, and unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted. We always take the time necessary to carefully package your order so that it arrives safely and securely. Shipping cost estimates are based on an average size book and are intended only to cover actual expenses. If your order includes multiple volumes, oversize, heavy, or valuable items, we may contact you to request authorization for additional postage. RETURNS: If not as described, your order is returnable within 10 days of receipt. Prior notice is requested and appreciated. Returns must be securely packaged and arrive here safely. A full refund will be issued if the return is attributable to a mistake on our part; otherwise shipping costs are not refundable.
About the Seller
About About Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined...[more]
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.