Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Animadversionibus Illustravit Carolus Anthon LL.D. Editio Nova. Accedunt Notulae Quaedam, cum Jacobi Boyd. xxxvi, 672 pp. Contents: Preface, Life of Horace, Chronological Arrangement of the Works of Horace, Life and Character of Maecenas, Metres of Horace, Q. Horatii Flacci Carminum, Epodon, Carmen Saeculare, On Roman Satire, Sermonum, Epistles, Epistolarum, Epistola ad Pisones, Excursus. feps missing. Notes in pencil on half-title. Damage to top corner of approx first 20 pages. Binding loosening - some pages of text almost loose in blocks. Brown cloth boards with gilt lettering on spine. Front edge of spine split for more than half of length. Shorter split at back of spine. Small piece of cloth missing at bottom of spine. Top of spine rubbed. Corners and edges of boards badly rubbed with cloth lifting. Reading copy. Overall condition Good-.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Owl Books (IE)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Q. Horatii Flacci Poemata
- Anthon, Carolus:
- Book condition
- London: Apud T. Tegg, 1846.
- Horace, Literature, Carlus Anthon
Terms of Sale
Prices are in Euros. Postage and Packing are at cost. Any item found unsatisfactory may be returned provided this is done within 7 days of receipt. We accept payment in Euros or Sterling equivalent (cheques payable to Owl Books). We also accept payment by Visa/Mastercard.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Owl Books
Owl Books is located in Kinlough, Co. Leitrim in the north-west of Ireland.We stock a wide range of topics including Natural History, Country Sports, General Literature, Travel and Topography, Religious and Modern Firsts. We welcome any enquiries.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- reading copy
- Indicates a book that is perfectly serviceable for reading. It may have a defect or damage. As such, reading copy is not...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]