Railroading Coast to Coast: Riding the Locomotive Cabs - Steam, Electric and Diesel 1923 - 1950
by FARRINGTON Jr., S. Kip
- Very Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Hastings House - Publishers. Very Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket. 1976. Hardcover. 0803863365 . The prolific author S. Kip Farrington has compiled this catalog of locomotives in operation from 1923 through 1950. The author rode in the locomotives for many of these trains. He has provided black & white photos and specifications for each, and has included details of his rides. Also with tables and technical information. With an introduction by noted railroad artist Howard Fogg. --- In blue cloth-covered boards with titling in white to cover and spine. Volume wrapped in jacket with a color photo of Southern Pacific unit no. 4449 to front panel. --- A very nice copy: bright, unmarked and tightly-bound but with some foxing to textblock top edge. Bright, unclipped jacket with a few creases but otherwise in great shape and in new removable archival mylar protector. (NOTE: Due to the weight of this item, extra shipping charges may be requested for any shipment other than by USPS Media Mail in the US.); Small Quarto - 9 to 11 in. tall; xiv, 305 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Railroading Coast to Coast: Riding the Locomotive Cabs - Steam, Electric and Diesel 1923 - 1950
- FARRINGTON Jr., S. Kip
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+ in Very Good+ dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Hastings House - Publishers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]