Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Supreme council of the Thirty-Third Degree. 1st Edition . Hardcover. Extremely rare, Good+ Condition. No publisher stated but I assume it would be 'The Supreme Council of the 33rd Degree' also difficult to date correctly but probably late 1800's to early 1900's. The Author isn't stated but I'm sure its Albert Pike. Black Cloth boards slightly faded with bright gold gilt title to front board, very small patches around spine on boards where looks like a Moth had a feed at one time, very minor and doesn't affect the work in any way, very minor bumping to corners, binding tight and solid. Pages crisp, clean with minor tanning at edges, no markings throughout work whatsoever, Gold gilt to top edge of pages. 'Readings' was written for members of the Scottish Rite to supplement the ritualistic instruction. This work is similar, in some respects, to Pike's Lectures on Masonic Symbolism, but was considered REQUIRED READING by Pike himself. No Mason can truly understand the Scottish Rite degrees without reading this essential work (See Photos) If you would like more info on this work please contact anytime.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Mason's Corner (AU)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Readings XXXII
- Albert Pike
- Book condition
- Used - Good+
- Quantity available
- 1st Edition
- The Supreme council of the Thirty-Third Degree
- FREEMASONRY, SCOTTISH RITE, ALBERT PIKE Freemasonry, General, General, General, General, Research
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
The Mason's Corner
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2019
Cootamundra, New South Wales
Ask Seller a Question
About The Mason's Corner
I am a private collector of interesting, hard to find rare books mainly of a Masonic nature and related subjects but due too personal reasons I have decided to let my collection go. All my listings will be accurately described and contain photos of the actual book for sale. If you are in the States or elsewhere other than Australia please contact me before purchase of the larger and heavier books so I can check shipping costs. In most case I've tried to add the shipping cost straight onto the price of the book. Therefore the prices are not set in stone, IE: prices can be adjusted if purchaser is in Australia.Feel free to ask any questions concerning my listings as well as extra photo's if required.Glenn BrittenThe Mason's corner
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.