De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium, Libri VI (Six books on the revolutions of the heavenly spheres; facsimile of 1543 edition on CD-ROM)
by Copernicus, Nicolaus (introduction by Owen Gingerich; translated by Edward Rosen)
Nuremberg: Joh. Petreium (Oakland: Octavo), 1543; 1999. 1st edition. Other Binding. New/No Jacket (as issued). Digital facsimile (in electronic PDF format on CD-ROM disc) of the 1543 first edition of one of the most important works in the history of astronomy. Modern astronomy traces its origin to Nicolaus Copernicus: by placing the sun at the center of the solar system, he launched a revolution in man's understanding of the physical universe. This Octavo Edition provides an unprecedented glimpse of this momentous discovery through detailed digital images of a copy of the rare first edition (may be magnified at up to 400% of original size) as well as a full English translation by Edward Rosen, a new introduction by Owen Gingerich, and detailed bibliographical information. "Everything worked on the first try. The whole package is very well designed. Excellent value for the money."--Journal for the History of Astronomy.
- Bookseller Philip Smith, Bookseller (US)
- Format/Binding Other Binding
- Book Condition New New
- Jacket Condition No Jacket (as issued)
- Quantity Available 1
- Edition 1st edition
- ISBN 10 1891788140
- ISBN 13 9781891788147
- Publisher Nuremberg: Joh. Petreium (Oakland: Octavo)
- Date Published 1543; 1999
- Keywords Nicolaus Copernicus De Revolutionibus Orbium Coelestium Libri VI Six books on the revolutions of the heavenly spheres astronomy inquisition physics cosmology Renaissance Owen Gingerich solar system CD-ROM digital facsimile 9781891788147 1891788140 Octav
We have 1 copies available starting at $35.00.