RING OF BRIGHT WATER: ORIGINAL MATERIALS INCLUDED
by Gavin Maxwell
West Vancouver, British Columbia
Standard Delivery: 7 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This is a first edition, and first printing, of Ring of Bright Water, the famous book by Gavin Maxwell, first published in 1960.
It is about Maxwell's life in a remote house in coastal Scotland where he kept several wild otters as pets. It is considered a literary masterpiece, has been made into a film, and has sold at least 2 million copies. It remains one of the most successful books about wildlife ever written.
As you can see, the jacket is not in great shape.
Inside, on the back endpapers, there are 7 glue stains.
On the front, still clinging to the endpapers are clippings from a magazine article relating to the story.
The title page has two glue marks from where Gavin Maxwell's obituary was pasted in—it's still in the book but is loose.But after taking all of that interest in it, this person never read the book. The spine is not broken, there are no marks of any kind on the inside pages.
Note: If you are outside of North America, the quoted shipping price is for surface mail without tracking. For other options, please contact me.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Vancouver Bookseller (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- RING OF BRIGHT WATER
- Gavin Maxwell
- Book condition
- Used - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First, 1st Printing
- Place of Publication
- United Kingdom
- Date published
- otters, Sandaig, Maxwell's otter, Glenelg, Loch Nevis, Kathleen Raine
- Bookseller catalogs
- Animals; Nature & Environment; Children & Youth; Biography, Autobiography, True Stories; Scotland;
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Vancouver Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]