Roots - Inscribed
by Alex Haley
- Fine in Fine dust jacket
Cape Town, South Africa
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Tracing his ancestry through six generations - slaves and freedmen, farmers and blacksmiths, lawyers and architects - back to Africa, Alex Haley discovered a sixteen-year-old youth, Kunta Kinte. It was this young man, who had been torn from his homeland and in torment and anguish brought to the slave markets of the New World, who held the key to Haley's deep and distant past. Originally published: Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, 1976.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Rare Collections (ZA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Roots - Inscribed
- Alex Haley
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine in Fine dust jacket
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Feel free to contact us with any and all requests, questions or wants at firstname.lastname@example.org
More images and/or details are available for any of our items by request. All items are guaranteed as described.
All items remain the property of Rare Collections until fully paid for.
Courier and ShippingWe make exclusive use of tracked courier services for the safety of the items and for the reliability of deliveries. Therefore **we require a physical address and can not deliver to PO Boxes. ** Expedited Rates Our expedited shipping is a TRACKED courier service. The amount is for a package of 1kg or less and larger books / parcel may attract additional cost. Delivery is typically in 4-10 days, depending on available flights and Covid restrictions. Our shipments are routed via the UK. We always offer consolidated options for multiple orders and some items do have free shipping or special conditions, which will be noted in our description. If you are charged the wrong shipping rate in these cases, we will process a refund. All international and local purchases are packed for shipping/courier to a very high standard. Shipping and delivery dates are estimates only and cannot be guaranteed. We are not liable for any delays in shipments.
All prices listed on our platforms are excluding VAT. South African customers will need to pay the standard 15% VAT, and our pricing for international clients are already VAT exempt. Import duties and VAT at the final destination is for the international client's account and not included in our price.
About the Seller
About Rare Collections
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...