Schools and Masters of Painting; With an Appendix on the Principle Galleries of Europe
by RADCLIFFE, A. G
- Good+ with no dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: D. Appleton & Company. Good+ with no dust jacket. 1900. Hardcover. Stated 5th edition of work first published in1876. In full grey-blue cloth-covered boards with gilt and blue decorations and lettering on cover and spine. Some smudges on cover; interior a bit loose but intact. With previous owner's printed name in ink on fly page, otherwise lacking markings. This work describes in some detail the artists and their lives and benefactors. With numerous engravings, most of which recreate famed paintings covered in the book. The appendix has detail about the works hanging at major European galleries. Covers the period from the ancients through the 19th century. A handsome work and a must for the student of European paintings and painters. ; 8vo 8" - 9" tall; 616, (6, ads) pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Schools and Masters of Painting; With an Appendix on the Principle Galleries of Europe
- RADCLIFFE, A. G
- Book condition
- Used - Good+ with no dust jacket
- D. Appleton & Company
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.