The Selected Work of Tom Paine and Citizen Tom Paine (First Modern Library edition, ML #G68.1)
by PAINE, Thomas; FAST, Howard
- Very Good in Fair dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: The Modern Library. Very Good in Fair dust jacket. 1946. Hardcover. Stated First Modern Library Edition, 1946. The most essential works of Thomas Paine (Common Sense, The Crisis Papers, Rights of Man, The Age of Reason, and Letter to Washington) are edited and interpreted by Howard Fast. Also included is Fast's historical novel, "Citizen Tom Paine". --- In Toledano spine G5 with full blue cloth covers, gilt titling & decorations on red blocks on cover & spine; plain endpapers. Jacket style Gd, verso advertises 309 titles in ML catalog. ML #G-68.1. --- Previous owner's inked information on front free endpaper, some yellowing to leaves and mildly bumped corners; otherwise a firm, unmarked copy. Dust jacket with considerable chipping and small tears along edges and sunned spine, with orig. $1.75 flap price; in removable mylar protector.; 8vo 8" - 9" tall; xiii, 640 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Selected Work of Tom Paine and Citizen Tom Paine (First Modern Library edition, ML #G68.1)
- PAINE, Thomas; FAST, Howard
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Fair dust jacket
- The Modern Library
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- >>American History & Politics;
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.... [More]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [More]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]