Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Second impression. Jonathan Cape. London. August 1935. (The first issue came out in July 1935). Quarto. 672pp. Frontispiece portrait, 53 further plates, 4 folding maps coloured in outline. Original brown buckram, gilt lettering to spine, gilt vignette to upper board. In original unclipped dustwrapper, priced 30s net. Pages opened, and untrimmed. (p259/60 slight margin loss from opening, not affecting text). Some mottling to boards. Dustwrapper chipped with marginal loss to edges, a little grubby, in protective wrapper. Pencil signature to ffep.
· Lawrence of Arabia Memorial 3pp. Includes list of the Friends of Lawrence.
· T. E. Lawrence Jonathan Cape catalogue and order form. 6pp.
Thomas Edward Lawrence CB DSO (1888-1935) "Lawrence of Arabia". Archaeologist, Author, Diplomat, Army Officer. Written while Lawrence was a liaison officer during the Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Turks of 1916 to 1918. An essential book in any collector's library.
Seven Pillars of Wisdom is the autobiographical account of the experiences of British soldier T. E. Lawrence ("Lawrence of Arabia"), while serving as a liaison officer with rebel forces during the Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Turks of 1916 to 1918.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Seven Pillars of Wisdom. A Triumph.
- Lawrence, T. E
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Jonathan Cape
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Military History; The Middle East, India and Asia; Christmas gift ideas;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...[more]