Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Clean covers and spine with no stains; bright design on the front cover, the gilt lettering and designs on the spine have somewhat faded; worn corners (the tips of the boards are exposed); 1 1/2" cloth tear at bottom-left corner of the back cover; fraying/wear to top and bottom edges of the spine. Tight binding. Crack at rear hinge. The covers are a bit shaky but holding. Name and year (1883) written in pencil on front end paper. The pages are in overall very good condition with no writing or foxing found; about a half dozen pages have a thin stain at the top edge. 1" tear at the top edge of the title page...no other tears found.
A Tramp Abroad is a work of non-fiction travel literature by American author Mark Twain, published in 1880. The book details a journey by the author, with his friend Harris (a character created for the book, and based on his closest friend, Joseph Twichell), through central and southern Europe. While the stated goal of the journey is to walk most of the way, the men find themselves using other forms of transport as they traverse the continent.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- CraigsClassics (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- A Tramp Abroad
- Mark Twain
- Book condition
- Used - Good-
- Quantity available
- American Publishing Company
- Place of Publication
- Hartford, Connecticut
- Date published
- Mark Twain, Samuel Clemens, A tramp abroad, huckleberry finn, tom sawyer, charles dickens, the innocents abroad, a connecticut yankee, life on mississippi, roughing it, pudd'nhead wilson, jumping from, mysterious stranger
- Bookseller catalogs
- Literature / Fiction;
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]