Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- mclinhavenbooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Travels in America
- Thomas Ashe
- Leather and Cloth Boards
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- first American Edition.
- William Sawyer and Co
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
14 day return guarantee, if an item arrives not described as stated. with full refund after receiving item back, return shipping not included. We will ship priority at our desecration within U.S. Priority only out in continental U.S.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- raised band(s)
- Raised bands refer to the ridges that protrude slightly from the spine on leather bound books. The bands are created...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Marbled boards
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]