THE VARIATION OF ANIMALS AND PLANTS UNDER DOMESTICATION
by Darwin, Charles, M.A., F.R.S
- very good
- Very Good
Covina, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Octavo, two volumes: xiv, 473 p. + x, 495 p. with publisher's advertisements, 43 textual figures, and numerous tables. Original brown cloth bindings, with gilt titles and decorative black and blind stamping. The boards are especially clean and bright, with only some light wear to the corners and tips. Quite lovely, uncommon thus.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Johnson Rare Books & Archives (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- THE VARIATION OF ANIMALS AND PLANTS UNDER DOMESTICATION
- Darwin, Charles, M.A., F.R.S
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity Available
- Second Edition, Revised - Fourth Thousand
- John Murray
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Natural History, Science, Evolutionary Biology, Botany, Animal Domestication
- Bookseller catalogs
- Natural History;
- May be a multi-volume set and require additional postage.
Terms of Sale
Johnson Rare Books & Archives
As proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America, we uphold our association's code of ethics. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, all items are returnable within ten days of delivery. Materials must be returned in the same condition as sent. If you have any questions or concerns, simply call us to discuss.
About the Seller
About Johnson Rare Books & Archives
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...