The Waiting Sands -and- The Devil on Lammas Night
by HOWATCH, Susan
- Very Good in Very Good dust jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Stein and Day. Very Good in Very Good dust jacket. [c.1970s]. BCE. Hardcover. Book club edition. A pair of Gothic novels by Susan Howatch, author of "Penmarric", in a single volume. "The Waiting Sands" is set on the "savage coast of Scotland." "The Devil on Lammas Night" is concerned with a satanist who plans a human sacrifice. --- In glossy red paper-covered boards with spine titling in black. Dust jacket with a silhouetted image of a castle at night. --- With prior owner's inked notation to front free endpaper and three black marks to textblock lower edge, else a clean, tightly-bound copy. Dust jacket with light rubbing and creasing to spine ends but remaining intact and bright.; Octavo - 8 to 9 in. tall; (6), 405 pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- The Waiting Sands -and- The Devil on Lammas Night
- HOWATCH, Susan
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Very Good dust jacket
- Stein and Day
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- book club edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the... [More]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [More]