Wild Spain (Espana Agreste). Records of Sport with Rife, Rod and Gun, Natural History and Exploration
by Chapman, Abel & Buck, Walter J
- See item description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition. Gurney & Jackson. 1893. Octavo. xx, 472pp. Double-page frontispiece map, 52 plates, further text emgravings. Half calf, marbled boards. Marbled endpapers. Spine in six compartments with gilt embellishment, leather labels with gilt lettering bound and signed by Sangorski & Sutcliffe. Slight foxing to preliminary pages, occasional spotting.
From the library of Humphrey Adam Gilbert (1886-1961) of Bishopstone, Hereford, hunter, shooter and fisher; author of a Tale of a Wye Fisherman, with his signature dated 1932 to first blank.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Wild Spain (Espana Agreste). Records of Sport with Rife, Rod and Gun, Natural History and Exploration
- Chapman, Abel & Buck, Walter J
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- Gurney & Jackson
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Hunting, Shooting, Fishing, Spain, Natural History, Travel, Fine binding
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Exploration; Field Sports; Provenance, Bookplates and Associations; Fine Bindings; Spain and Portugal;
- Large 8vo
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Marbled boards
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]