Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Great Britain: Dent's All Clear Books / J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd., 1940. Book. Illus. by Whittaker, Newton. Very Good. Hardcover. First Edition.. 248+ pages, 12mo. No DJ. Illustrated by Newton Whittaker. Made in Great Britain by J.W. Arrowsmith Ltd., Bristol. Orange and white checkered boards with red lettering and illustration of rabbit on front cover, red cloth spine with white lettering. Shelfwear: light scuffing along edges and cover boards, some light smudges on covers, previous owner's name and date on front endpaper, light tanning. Tightly bound. Volume is in Very Good condition..
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Russian Hill Bookstore (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Wizard
- Haggard, H. Rider
- Whittaker, Newton
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- First Edition.
- Dent's All Clear Books / J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- Great Britain
- Date published
- H RIDER HAGGARD WIZARD
Terms of Sale
Russian Hill Bookstore
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2017
San Francisco, California
Ask Seller a Question
About Russian Hill Bookstore
Russian Hill Bookstore, established in 1974, is one of the last family-owned used and new bookstores in San Francisco. We began as Sunset Bookstore in 1974, a small used bookshop servicing the Sunset District west of 19th Avenue, and have been in continual operation for the past 43 years. Over the years Sunset Bookstore has since closed and merged with Russian Hill Bookstore, which has grown to become also the best note card shop in the city, and a favorite place for toys and games for children of all ages.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]