The Wonderful City of Carrie Van Wie: Paintings of San Francisco at the Turn of the Century
by VAN WIE, Carrie (art); LEWIS, Oscar (text)
- Very Good+
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
[San Francisco]: The Grabhorn Press for the Book Club of California. Very Good+. 1963. Hardcover. A portfolio of 21 reproductions of oil paintings by Carrie Van Wie. The subjects of these paintings are pre-fire San Francisco buildings and notable city sights at the turn of the 20th century. Each with descriptive text by Oscar Lewis. Title page with a photographic portrait of Ms. Van Wie, and her painting of her home on Collins Street in San Francisco. One of 525 copies issued. --- In green paper-covered boards with the look of tapestries, backed in tan linen cloth with "Carrie Van Wie" printed on paper spine label. Unpaginated (about 50 pp.). Volume has no dust jacket. --- A clean, bright, tightly-bound copy but with slight chafing to lower cover edges.; Folio - 13 to 23 in. tall; [c.50 pp] pages .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- Bluebird Books (US)
- Seller’s Inventory #
- The Wonderful City of Carrie Van Wie: Paintings of San Francisco at the Turn of the Century
- VAN WIE, Carrie (art); LEWIS, Oscar (text)
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- The Grabhorn Press for the Book Club of California
- Place of Publication
- [San Francisco]
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
All sales sold on a satisfaction guaranteed basis--all we ask is that you notify us within 30 days of purchase that you would like to return an item.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Bluebird Books
Bluebird Books is the bookselling business of Eric Mayer, operating from my base in Littleton, Colorado. I specialize in classic fiction and literature, books on birds and natural history, railroadiana, biography, history and many other genres. Bluebird Books features publications by the Modern Library and Everyman's Library. I offer free shipping on books shipped within the US via USPS Media Mail. INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: I recommend that you use Biblio.com for your international orders because they have formed a partnership with Asendia to allow for much more affordable shipping on parcels weighing under 5 lb. (about 2.26 kg).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [More]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [More]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [More]
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description.... [More]
- spine label
- The paper or leather descriptive tag attached to the spine of the book, most commonly providing the title and author of the... [More]
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.