Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
by Blume, Judy
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Albany, California, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret is about a sixth-grade girl growing up and wondering about God and puberty and boys. It was challenged a lot after the 1980s because of its frank discussion of topics like religion and sex. Blume was one of the first Young Adult novelists to write about subjects long considered taboo for teenagers, and is credited for helping to get generations of pre-teens into reading although she has also been named one of the most frequently challenged authors according to the American Library Association. The novel was Blume's third published book. It has become a touchstone coming-of-age novel for girls. Through the five decades of popularity it has received updates from the publisher, including a controversial 2014 cover art depiction of Margaret texting God, following by an ellipsis in a message bubble. In 1998, Blume updated the novel herself, changing Margaret and her friends from using 'sanitary' napkins with belts, to disposable pads. Judy Blume ’s books have won hundreds of awards. She is the recipient of the National Book Foundation’s Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. She lives in Key West and New York City. You can visit her at www.judyblume.com .
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Lost Paddle Books, IOBA (US)
- Seller's Inventory #
- Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret
- Blume, Judy
- Book Condition
- Used - Poor
- Jacket Condition
- First US Edition/7th Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Bradbury Press
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Young Adult;
Terms of Sale
Lost Paddle Books, IOBA
Books are unique in their ability to encompass lives, from the lives of their authors, to the characters or subjects they portray. They even have the capacity to take on a life of their own as they pass among us acquiring stories, artifacts and scars along the way. As such, they deserve to be treated with respect. We use only premium packaging materials and every attempt is made to be as accurate as possible in our listings. All books are supplied in protective mylar sleeves if applicable and additional photos are available on request for books offered at $50 at owner's discretion. If the book is not received as described, a return in like condition may be made within 14 days for a full refund. For CA residents: Sales tax will be processed as an additional charge. Please note that shipping rates are for an average sized book, supplemental shipping may apply if the book is heavy and/or oversize, or if there are multiple books in a shipment. Gift wrapping available upon request. PLEASE NOTE: Orders are still shipping quickly, but because of delays with the postal service due to the pandemic, please expect additional time to receive your book(s). Thank you.
About the Seller
About Lost Paddle Books, IOBA
Additional services offered include appraisals for Bay Area residents and collection development for private individuals and institutions.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- Text Block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book....
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- A common abbreviation for Front Free End Paper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...
- Title Page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- The portion of the endpaper which is left loose after binding. The first loose page upon opening a book from the rear. It may be...