Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts specializes in Archival Collections, Canadiana, Ephemera, History, Indigenous, Leatherbound, Letters & Postcards, Literature, Rare And Out-Of-Print Books.
Search the inventory of Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts
About Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts
Based in "The Heart-of-the-Continent", Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts was established in 2010. With over a decade of experience we are proud to serve both institutional, and private clients in Canada, and internationally. We actively buy-and-sell rare, and out-of-print books, ephemera, and private archival collections, and other rare and unusual materials. Our chief areas of interest include Indigenous Studies, Canadiana, Archival Collections, Ephemera, and Photography. We buy books in Canada, the United States, and Europe. When feasible, we will travel to view collections of interest, particularly in areas of our specialization. We are also active in appraising collections of University Archives, other institutions, and individuals. All enquiries most welcome.By appointment only. Curated lists periodically issued.
Black's Fine Books & Manuscripts
Terms of sale for Black's Fine Books & ManuscriptsIn respect to items purchased from us over the internet, our Terms of Sale are as follows:
1) We are professional booksellers and adhere to the standards of our professional associations, both in terms of describing books and offering redress in case of a discrepancy.
2) The prices of all material offered for sale on our web site, or on the databases to which we subscribe, are net in US dollars, and each item is subject to prior sale. Normally payment in full must be received before an item will be shipped. If sending a cheque, money order, or purchase order, it is advisable to contact us first to request that the book be reserved for you pending receipt of payment.
3) Payment to Black's Fine Books and Manuscripts may be made by cheque drawn on a US or Canadian bank; bank draft; credit card (MasterCard, VISA, AMEX, or Diner's Club); or by PayPal (our PayPal ID is our email address: email@example.com).
Please note that we reserve the right to delay shipment of any book paid for by cheque, until the cheque has cleared the payer's bank account. If paying by money order, please make sure that you purchase a form of money order which may be cashed in Canada (i.e., an international money order).
4) Payment with order, please. We do not send any item out on approval unless prior arrangements have been made. Legitimate book dealers, with whom we have established a reciprocal arrangement, and any member of the ABAC, ABAA, ABA, or an ILAB-affiliated national organization, may apply for a trade discount on any proposed purchase. Canadian purchasers will be charged GST. Known academic institutions, or libraries, may be billed upon receipt of a purchase order.
5) Any item purchased from Black's Fine Books and Manuscripts is returnable (postpaid) to us within ten days of receipt, if it is found to be substantially different than as described. However, we guarantee any item we sell to be authentic as to provenance, or state of issue (i.e. if we claim a book is a first edition, we guarantee it to be such). If our description of a book in regard to provenance or state of issue is in error, it may be returned to us (with prior notice, please) for refund within one year of purchase.
We do offer a layaway arrangement on more expensive items: generally where the purchase price exceeds $1,000. Typically, the purchaser should offer to us a down payment and propose acceptable terms of payment. We do not charge interest on payments made according to such an agreement. The item being purchased will be shipped upon receipt of payment in full. If payment is not made in accordance with the terms of the layaway arrangement, then the deposit and any payments will only be refunded after we have re-sold the item in question, and deducted our re-selling costs (if any).
We can provide digital photographs or scans, sent as .jpeg attachments, of any item in stock. In making such a request, please be as specific as possible as to the views you would like to receive. Please bear in mind that it is not practical for us to provide photos to people doing research, or seeking to compile a library of digital images, and that we are less inclined to send photos of an inexpensive book (due to the time and effort it requires), in the absence of a demonstrable need or reason on the part of the would-be purchaser.
Please send any further questions by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org