Meraki! Spirit & Arts Metaphysical
Eugene, Oregon, USA
Meraki! Spirit & Arts Metaphysical specializes in Arts & Crafts, Astrology, Gardening, Metaphysical, New Age, Oracles, Psychic.
Search the inventory of Meraki! Spirit & Arts Metaphysical
About Meraki! Spirit & Arts Metaphysical
Meraki Metaphysical seeks out metaphysical books and tools that we recommend to our clients interested in greater spiritual development. Our listings also include art and gardening, nature and environmental and other titles and items we believe our audience may find of interest.
Meraki! Spirit & Arts Metaphysical
Terms of sale for Meraki! Spirit & Arts Metaphysical30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
Payment Methods Accepted
Interview with Catt Foy of Meraki! Spirit & Arts Metaphysical
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I first began selling used books at SCA events and ren fairs in the 1980s. When I began doing psychic fairs, I began to specialize in the metaphysical field.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I have lived for books since I learned to read. It was through books that I found my own spiritual path and practices and I encourage anyone who is seeking Truth to read as many views as possible and decide for themselves what fits for them. Spirituality is a personal path and should be tailored to the individual. I have also done book reviews, tons of research while completing my master's degree and my MFA, and for my books-in-progress.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- None. Just a love of books and experience with libraries and research.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I specialize in metaphysical / mystical / New Age / spiritual and related topics, but also share my love for gardening, nature, the environment, and the arts.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- Personally? My own books: Psycards--A New Alternative to Tarot; Psycards--An Oracle of Archetypes; Bartleby: A Scrivener's Tale (fiction); Rune Stones and Their Interpretations. More to come.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Sharing what I have learned and encouraging others to do the same. I try to sell only books I would recommend or that have a reputation for excellence.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- No. Never had enough wealth to do so.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- If I DID, the bookstore would undoubtedly have a cat or two and maybe some finches or a parrot. And an aquarium by the front door (feng shui).
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Because I have been the representative for Psycards, I have been in many, many wonderful bookshops across the country. My favorites are independent metaphysical shops--too many to choose just one.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- These days I like to read books on shamanism, Native American spirituality, nature and environmental books (The Braiding of Sweetgrass, e.g.), and fiction that reflects these same values (Barbara Kingsolver). I am also currently researching my next books (a history of oracles, reincarnation, several new oracle books) and research relating to my own artwork--ancient art, cave paintings, and indigenous art.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Hard choice. Holy Blood, Holy Grail? Braiding Sweetgrass? Women Who Run with the Wolves? You get the idea. And I wouldn't sell any of them because they all have underlining, highlighting and/or margin notes about my inner process in reading them.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- The Redbook by Carl Gustav Jung. A Guttenberg Bible.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- The Bible I was given in Sunday School, a really good survival book, and a blank book.