Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop specializes in Art, Bc History, British History, Childrens, History, Leather Bindings, Natural History, Nautical, Theosophy Esoteric.
Search the inventory of Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop
About Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop
Welcome. We only have a few of our titles now listed on-line through Biblio.com, more added everyday. Our complete store inventory is not on-line yet. If you don't see it here please contact us and we will check our shelves. Many pocket books under $5 are not listed here. Please ask! Postage to the USA or international under 500grams or that can be mailed as a letter within Canada will be reduced when we process your order. Sorensen Books is located in Victoria BC Canada at 102-1029 View Street. A nice stroll from Downtown en route to the Art Gallery or the Castle. A community orientated shop we sell new, used and rare books postcards and ephemera locally and around the world. Check us out on Instagram
Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop
Terms of sale for Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop
Returns are accepted within 7 days. Set Postage rate to your area is a base estimate. Light thin books that can be sent as a letter will be adjusted and reduced after shipping. Heavy books over 1kg may require extra postage. Please contact us in advance with any questions or for further details and photos. For Free local pick up in store please message us to order the book directly. Thank you!
Payment Methods Accepted
Featured Books from Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
Browse Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop by Category
- Alternative health - crystals & gemstones
- American history
- Art History
- Arts & Crafts
- BC architecture
- BC History
- Bird watching
- Book history
- Book publishing
- British Columbia
- Code breaking
- Cultural Studies
- Current affairs
- Fiction series
- Financial advice
- First Nations - Anthropology
- Folio Society
- Gender studies
- Graphic novel
- Hiking walking
- History of Technology
- Japanese Literature
- Literacy Criticism
- Literary essay
- Literary History
- Map and Atlas History
- Military History
- Natural history
- New Age
- New Books
- Political science
- Pop-up books
- Russian Literature
- Science Fiction
- Short stories
- small press
- True Crime
- Women history study
- Writing Reference
Interview with Cathy Sorensen of Sorensen Books : Your Vancouver Island Bookshop
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I started selling books in 1990 while working for two bookshops in Kelowna BC Canada. The Book Bin and The Okanagan Bookman.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I was a student at the time and it was a great summer job to be around books it just continued on from there.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- Yes for certain Bob Ross in Kelowna of the Okanagan Bookman. From there I went on to work and manage Wells Books where I learned a lot about the business as we were one of the first shops online.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- I deal in mainly history relating to Art, Vintage postcards, Military, transport and local interest. I prefer to buy academic libraries.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- A first edition of Redoute's Les Roses.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- That everyday in an open shop you never know what exciting book, photo, postcard or document will be brought through your door. You never stop learning and searching.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- Yes we have a storefront. We have just moved into a new building on View street.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- I wish! But our door is often open and I would be afraid they’d run onto the busy road. We sponsor a cat named Torrie and two other cats who are all in foster care. The bookshop raises money each month fortheir care from donations and from our sale cart outside the shop.
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- Seagull walking in the front shop slowly making his way through past my desk and casually walking out the back door.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- In Victoria? I would say Munro & Ivy’s for new books and for second hand I would say both Cavity and Bastion Books have a great selection. In Vancouver Pulp Fiction and The Paperhound.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- Mysteries, travel essays and history to read but to collect I collect Dryad Press - a craft press and a few other things.