Pelleas et Melisande, CD 93 / L 88: study score
by Claude Debussy
100 Copies Available from This Seller
Standard Delivery: 10 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Debussy's sole completed opera was given its premiere at Paris' Opera Comique on April 30, 1902. It was the culmination of an eight-year effort on the composer's part. Though not an immediate sensation like Puccini's "Madame Butterfly" two years later in Milan, the five-act lyric drama, after the identically titled play by Maeterlinck, enjoyed a successful run in the first two decades of the 20th century. Debussy's masterpiece of orchestral color is presented in a new, digitally-enhanced reprint of the full score first issued by E. Fromont, Paris, in 1904 which was corrected and revised in 1907. In contrast so many of the on-demand scores now available, this one comes with all the pages and the images have been thoroughly checked to make sure it is readable, is beautifully printed on off-white stock with a quality cover.
Original issue - Paris: E. Fromont, 1904. Plate E. 1418 F.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Serenissima Music, Inc. (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- Pelleas et Melisande, CD 93 / L 88
- Claude Debussy
- Book condition
- New New
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Petrucci Library Press
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Claude Debussy, Pelleas et Melisande, Maurice Maeterlinck, opera, Fromont, orchestra, music score, study score, partitur
- Bookseller catalogs
- Study scores; MUSIC / Genres & Styles / Opera; Orchestra;
- 7.44 x 9.69 inches, 414 pages.
- Catalog #
Terms of Sale
Serenissima Music, Inc.
Checks must clear prior to shipment. Returns permitted up to 90 days for any reason for full refund on our own publications provided item is returned in same condition as shipped. Return for up to 30 days for other publications for any reason provided item is returned in original condition.
About the Seller
About Serenissima Music, Inc.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.