What are saved search preferences?
If you use some of the same search criteria every time you search for books, use this form to save those preferences. If you have saved Advanced search preferences, you don’t have to enter them every time you use our Advanced search options. They will be automatically filled in for you. You can change your saved search preferences at any time. To do so, simply change the entries you see here and click on “Save Preferences”.
- Check your spelling
- If you don't see the results you expect, be sure to double-check your criteria for typos and spelling errors. These are the most common reasons we aren't able to find matches for your search.
- Use the correct fields
- Make sure you haven't inadvertently typed an author name in the title field or similarly transposed other fields in the search form.
- Use fewer fields
- Not all fields are required. Try to use as few fields as possible. It's OK to leave some fields blank if you don't know/care about filtering on that criteria.
- Be specific
- Use enough search terms to narrow your results to a manageable list. Be careful using common words. For example, typing "jones" in the author field, or "bible" in the keywords field is likely to return too many results.
- But not too specific
- If on your first search, you don't find any books (or too few), try "loosening" your search by removing a couple of words from your search terms or criteria.
- Use search preferences
- If you have certain criteria you regularly use (such as a minimum price or sort preference), set your search preference on the adjoining tab and we'll automatically apply them when you use the advanced search.
- Save your searches
- Don't be discouraged if you don't immediately find the book you are looking for. Some books are scarce, and the more scarce they are, the faster they often sell. Be sure to set up saved searches (aka want matches), and we'll let you know the moment a matching book comes available for sale.
- Ask for help
- We're here to help, so don't be afraid to ask! If you find you're having trouble using our search, please get in touch. We'd be happy to help you find the books you're looking for!
Even more tips for successful searching can be found on our blog.