E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A folio usually indicates a large book size of 15" in height or larger when used in the context of a book description....[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for ...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
IN GREECE: JOURNEYS BY MOUNTAIN AND VALLEY : With a preface by Théophile Homolle; translated from the French by Charles Frederic Hardy.
by [BOISSONNAS]. Baud-Bovy, Daniel, and Fred. Boissonnas
Fred Boissonnas (1858 - 1946) was from an influential family of photographers, initially situated in Geneva. His accomplishments in photography enabled him to travel widely and often, and from these travels he produced several books, including works on Greece and Egypt. His Greek images totaled over 7000 photographs made with large format cameras, and are inclusive of historical architectural remains, and vistas and landscapes. In the early 20th century he founded the publishing firm of Boissonnas S.A., which produced several exquisite limited editions illustrated with hand-pulled photogravure plates, elegant design and letterpress of several color inks. In 1910 he made EN GRÈCE PAR MONTS ET PAR VAUX from his enormous archive of Greek negatives. That lavish large folio was limited to 230 numbered copies printed on handmade paper; in 1936 he also issued a second edition in a smaller folio format with a larger limitation. This is the first edition published in English, and has a limitation of 300 numbered copies.
- IN GREECE: JOURNEYS BY MOUNTAIN AND VALLEY by [BOISSONNAS]. Baud-Bovy, Daniel, and Fred. Boissonnas
- Bookseller: Andrew Cahan: Bookseller, Ltd (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 30183
- Title: IN GREECE: JOURNEYS BY MOUNTAIN AND VALLEY
- Author: [BOISSONNAS]. Baud-Bovy, Daniel, and Fred. Boissonnas
- Illustrator: Boissonnas, Fred.
- Quantity available: 1
- Edition: First English language edition
- Publisher: Éditions d'Art F. Boissonas
- Place: Geneva
- Date published: 1920
All items are offered subject to prior sale. All items are accurately described, however we accept returns for any reason within ten days of receipt; we request notification in advance, and all items must be carefully packed, insured and returned in the condition in which they were received. Ohio customers will be charged the applicable sales tax. Shipping Terms: For domestic delivery we prefer to ship via UPS ground service, insured and request a street address and telephone number. We can, upon request upgrade the delivery to next day, second day or third day air. We also ship via Federal Express or U.S. Postal Service. All items are sent insured with a minimum cost of $6.00. For our overseas customers we offer a variety of delivery services which may vary from country to country. All items are sent insured when possible. For air delivery we use U.S. Postal Service. For very expensive items we ship via Federal Express or UPS insured. When possible, we will send small items via U.S. Postal Service Global Priority if insurance is not available at the customers risk. All shipping charges are billed at actual cost and we are pleased to communicate the various options and charges. We will need the street address and telephone number to complete the airway bill. When placing your order please indicate type and speed of delivery required. Estimates of cost will be sent upon request.
$ 3,000.00$6.00 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2006
What are points of issue?
What exactly does it mean when book collectors and dealers talk about points of issue? Understanding what they are and when to look at them can be critical in developing your book collection and can help you avoid costly mistakes. Read more >>
Cleaning and repairing leather books
Wondering how to take care of the leather books in your collection? Reknowned book care expert Bern Marcowitz explains how and when to clean and repair leather books.