Paris, Librairie Orientale de Maisonneuve, 1854.. Oblong small octavo. Pp. xxxii, 112. Set in triple columns. Publisher's catalogue. Bound in the original orange stiff wrappers, worn under plasticization, corner clipped off from half-title, date stamp on last page. In good condition. ~ First edition. The first part is an extended introduction; the second part brings fragments of basic conversation; the third part is a vocabulary list of most common, or practical words. All three parts are printed in French, Turkish, and in a useful transcription of the Turkish into Latin characters. The work concludes with a table of the currencies, weights, and measures of the Ottoman Empire, again in the same triple language system. See Julius Theodor Zenke: Bibliotheca orientalis: Manuel de bibliographie orientale (Leipzig, 1846). Rare. Apparently there is no copy in any European library. No records found in KVK. No copies in European Register of Microform and Digital Masters. No copy in French Union Catalog.
Bookseller: Librarium of The Hague
- Bookseller Inventory #: 4135
- Title: Guide de la conversation (grammaire, dialogues, vocabulaire) Français - Turc [Turque]. Avec la prononciation figurée. Enrichi d'un tableau comparatif des monnaies, poids et mesures. / Fransizdjè vè turktchè tekellum riçalèci
- Author: Timoni, Alexandre
- Publisher: Paris, Librairie Orientale de Maisonneuve, 1854.
- Keywords: Art history modern culture Near East Eastern Classical Assyria Assur Iraq Mesopotamia Islamic Islam Muslim Muslims Byzantine Byzantium Constantinople Mesopotamia Ziggurat Uruk Turkey Ottoman Empire Turks Ancient Orient Vieux Alter Iran Persia Perse Iran
- Bookseller catalogs:
Near East: Archaeology, Culture, History;
The Hague, none
Terms of sale: All our books are guaranteed to be in the condition described. However, returns are allowed within seven days, after our confirmation. Safe return shipment is the buyer's responsibility. Book prices are net. Shipment charged at lowest cost. No charge for packaging and handling. Our business terms conform to the Trade Conditions of the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of the Netherlands. Librarium endorses the Code of Ethics of The International League of Antiquarian Booksellers.