E-mail a friend
GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps aro...[more]
- Generally refers to a hardcover with cloth covering the outside of the book covers....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket....[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined ...[more]
The Grapes of Wrath
by Steinbeck, John
- The Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck, John
- Bookseller: Idler Fine Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 001344
- Title: The Grapes of Wrath
- Author: Steinbeck, John
- Format/binding: Hardcover
- Book condition: Near Fine
- Jacket condition: Very Good
- Edition: First Edition
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: Viking Press
- Place: New York
- Date published: 1939
- Keywords: FICTION, LITERATURE.
Items may be returned within 14 days of receipt. All our items are guaranteed authentic and in the condition described. If we made an error in our listing, we will pay the return shipping expense. All major credit cards are accepted via biblio.com; we also accept personal checks and money orders.
The Grapes of Wrath was published in 1939 and written by John Steinbeck, who was awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1940 and the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1962.
The tale is set during the Great Depression and follows the Joad family (and thousands of others) as they are driven from the Oklahoma farm where they are sharecroppers. The drought, economic hardship, and changes in financial and agricultural industries send them searching for dignity and honest work in the bountiful state of California.
$ 4,500.00$5.50 shipping to USA
30 Day Return Guarantee
- Calculate shipping
- Ask the bookseller a question
Biblio.com member since: 2003
To Jerusalem and Back: A Personal Account
Bellow, Saul; and Terry Eagleton
London: Secker & Warburg, 1976. First Printing of the First British Edition. Signed and inscribed by Saul Bellow to Terry Ea...$3,500.00
Join the Bibliophiles' Club today and start saving 10% on every book you buy on Biblio.com.$19.95 / year
Give the gift of book collecting to that book lover in your life with Biblio.com Gift Certificates.
Collecting Arkham House
Learn about collecting the iconic horror and fantasy publisher that produced books by the likes of Ray Bradbury, August Derleth and H. P. Lovecraft.
Why settle for an ordinary copy of your favorite book when you could have an autographed copy? Find signed books here.