We work with thousands of independent bookstores and booksellers around the world. Together they offer nearly 100 million used and rare books for sale on Biblio.
Find a bookstore
R & A Petrilla
Established 1970, we are generalist antiquarian booksellers and appraisers. Over the years, we have from time to time focused on various subjects, while remaining generalists. Our present emphasis is on Travel Accounts, Travel Guides, Viewbooks, and Travel Ephemera. We continue to offer books, manuscripts, and ephemera in a variety of fields. Perhaps we have something for you. We appraise books and documents in many different fields for purposes of tax-deductible gifts,insurance, estate settlement, etc. Bob & Alison Petrilla
Old Saratoga Books
Old Saratoga Books is an open shop in upstate New York which has been in business since 1996 and online since 1998. We have over 50,000 titles in stock, with fresh arrivals nearly every day. Books are organized into over ninety subject areas, with only a fraction of our inventory listed online, so feel free to contact us if there is an author or title you seek, as we may have it on the shelf.
Often booksellers specialize in certain areas and are very knowledgeable about collecting within those genres or topics. Some of these specialists on Biblio are the pre-eminent dealers in their fields of expertise, supplying leading academic and public institutions with rare and significant material. For the public or private collector, it can be very useful to identify and form relationships with booksellers who specialize in their field of interest. Booksellers' specialties are as varied as the books they carry.
Browse by trade association
Many of our booksellers are members of professional trade associations, which generally means they have agreed to do business according to a professional set of standards and/or ethics and that they work together to share knowledge and promote the overall integrity of used and antiquarian bookselling.
- American Booksellers Association
- Antiquarian Book Dealers Association of South Carolina
- Antiquarian Booksellers Association
- Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America
- Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of Canada
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Antiquarian Booksellers
- Australian Booksellers Association
- Independent Online Booksellers Association
- International Antiquarian Mapsellers Association
- International League of Antiquarian Booksellers
- Las Vegas Bookmans Guild
- Midwest Antiquarian Booksellers Association
- Northern Ohio Bibliophilic Society
- Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association
- Rocky Mountain Antiquarian Booksellers Association
- Southern African Book Dealers Association
- Southern New England Antiquarian Booksellers
- Svenska Antikvariatfö reningen
- Texas Booksellers Association
- The Independent Bookseller's Network
- Vermont Antiquarian Booksellers Association
Are you a member of an association that isn't listed above? Let us know.
Browse by country
The importance of independents
It's no secret that large online retailers have been devastating to main-street businesses, and nowhere is that more evident than in the book trade. When you order at Biblio, you are buying from small, independent bookstores and booksellers and supporting these vital community and cultural bastions.
Buying from independents: Tips
Remember, when you buy books on Biblio, you are buying from independent booksellers and not some huge, faceless corporation. Sometimes this distinction can be a little unclear for the first-time visitor, but don't worry - it's a good thing. Here are just a few tips to keep in mind when ordering from booksellers on Biblio:
- Check shipping rates. Since each bookseller sets their own shipping rates, the actual cost of shipping will vary from book to book.
- Order in-country. Biblio hosts booksellers from dozens of countries. If possible, order books from a bookseller in your own country. This will often save you money on shipping and reduce the delivery time.
- Ask the bookseller. Have questions before ordering about an item's edition, points or condition? Use the ask the bookseller link on each item page.
Are you a bookseller?
Apply to join the largest independent marketplace for sellers today! In addition to helping us to support you and our fellow booksellers, you'll get:
- Lowest fees and commissions of any commercial marketplace.
- No monthly fee option - you don't pay if you don't sell.
- Commission free dealer-to-dealer sales.
- Trade discounts automatically applied at checkout.
- Reach thousands times more people than a magazine ad, for a fraction of the cost