GLOSSARYSome terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for ...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps aro...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf. A...[more]
- Generally refers to a hardcover with cloth covering the outside of the book covers....[more]
by McEwan, Ian
- SOLAR by McEwan, Ian
- Bookseller: Modern Rare (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #: 15496
- Title: SOLAR
- Author: McEwan, Ian
- Format/binding: Hardcover
- Book condition: As New
- Jacket condition: No Dust Jacket, As Issued.
- Quantity available: 1
- Edition: First Edition. First Printing.
- Binding: Hardcover
- ISBN 10: 0224091077
- ISBN 13: 9780224091077
- Publisher: Jonathan Cape
- Place: London, England
- Date published: 2010
- Pages: 285
We ship at cost, based on weight, destination and shipping method. We ship Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation in the US and Air Parcel Post globally. Other shipping methods are also available. We do not, however, ship via Media Mail or Surface Mail. Payable in $US dollars by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal ( send to firstname.lastname@example.org ), personal check, cashiers check, money order, or wire transfer. Returns accepted, with prior notification, within 10 days after shipment, provided the item is in the same condition it was shipped. We make every effort to describe the item as accurately as possible. If it is not as described, we will refund your payment in full. Otherwise, the return is subject to a 15% restocking fee. Shipping costs are non-refundable. All magazine, DVD, and tape sales are final and non-refundable. Email us at email@example.com or call/fax us at 773-826-4666. Calls accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The literary event of the season: a new novel from Ian McEwan, as surprising as it is masterful. Michael Beard is a Nobel prize--winning physicist whose best work is behind him. Trading on his reputation, he speaks for enormous fees, lends his name to the letterheads of renowned scientific institutions, and half-heartedly heads a government-backed initiative tackling global warming. While he coasts along in his professional life, Michael's personal life is another matter entirely. His fifth marriage is crumbling under the weight of his infidelities. But this time the tables are turned: His wife is having an affair, and Michael realizes he is still in love with her. When Michael's personal and professional lives begin to intersect in unexpected ways, an opportunity presents itself in the guise of an invitation to travel to New Mexico. Here is a chance for him to extricate himself from his marital problems, reinvigorate his career, and very possibly save the world from environmental disaster. Can a man who has made a mess of his life clean up the messes of humanity? A complex novel that brilliantly traces the arc of one man's ambitions and self-deceptions, Solar is a startling, witty, and stylish new work from one of the world's great writers.From the Hardcover edition.