Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Chicago, IL The Quarrie Corporation, 1942. Hardcover Sixth Edition (1942). Very Good: Shows moderate use: light wear to the extremities; mild rubbing and faint soiling to the panels; faint thumbing at the fore-edge; the binding is square and secure; the text is clean. Free of any creased or dog-eared pages in the text. Free of any underlining, hi-lighting or marginalia or marks in the text. Free of ownership names, dates, addresses, notations, inscriptions, stamps, or labels. A handsome, moderately used copy, structurally sound and tightly bound, showing mild wear and minor flaws. NOT a Remainder, Book-Club, or Ex-Library. 4to. (10 x 7.25 x 0.75 inches). xiii, 208 pages. Language: English. Weight: 1 pound, 7.8 ounces. Orange cloth over boards with grey, black & white designs at the front panel and gilt titles at the backstrip. Profusely illustrated in color and black & white throughout. Decorated Endpapers. Sixth Edition (1942). Hardback: No DJ 'as issued'.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Black Cat Hill Books (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- Childcraft in Fourteen Volumes (Volume Five: Our Own Country and Foreign Lands).
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Sixth Edition (1942).
- The Quarrie Corporation,
- Place of Publication
- Chicago, IL
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Juvenile; Illustrated Classics; Juvenile Fiction; Juvenile Animal Stories; Juvenile Poetry; Children's Picture Books; Children's Folk and Fairy Tales;
Terms of Sale
Black Cat Hill Books
Default shipping charges provided at the time of sale will hold unless the actual cost of shipping is significantly more - or less -t han the default shipping charge quoted. In such cases we will contact you with alternative charges; we will arrive at these charges by the following method: actual United States Postal Service (or UPS) shipping charges + $2.00 handling charge. We guarantee the accuracy of our descriptions and the quality of our packaging. Books we ship may be returned for any reason. If you are not satisfied, notify us via email, and return the book. If we are satisfied that we have provided an inaccurate description, we will refund your return shipping charges, at USPS Media Mail rates. All prices are net to all. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance in expediting your order. Thanks from the folks on Black Cat Hill.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Ask Seller a Question
About Black Cat Hill Books
Black Cat Hill Books is an Internet-only bookseller.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...[more]
- Marginalia, in brief, are notes written in the margins, or beside the text of a book by a previous owner. This is very...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.