Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In 2 volumes. All pages tight, a little foxing and age-darkening, a couple of small tears, page edges age-soiled, particularly on top.
Monumental sculptures in the cemetery of Bologna, formerly the Certosa – Zecchi's famous and rare work of Bolognese history, with 160 copperplate engravings of tombstones and funerary monuments erected to eminent persons buried there, along with the inscriptions and brief biographical notes in Italian and French. With views of the Certosa cemetery and environs, the grand hall of tombs, etc.
Includes the indices and the history and fold-out plan of the Certosa ("Ridotta a Cimitero Comunale) di Bologna. Includes the material published in 1829.
Engravings chiefly by Francesco Franceschini and Pietro Romagnoli, after local Bolognese engraver Gaetano Canuti. Originally issued in monthly fascicles.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Setton Book Collection (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Collezione dei monumenti sepolcrali del cimitero di Bologna
- Giovanni Zecci
- Half vellum, marbled paper boards with abrasions, some edges bumped.
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Quantity available
- Giovanni Zecchi, stampatore e negoziante da stampe
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- 1825 - 1829
- Certosa, 19th century, Italian cemeteries, Bologna, sepulchral monuments, epitaphs, Giovanni Canuti, Francesco Franceschini, Pietro Romagnoli, Giuseppe Rosaspina, L. Carlini, Antonio Verico, Nicola Mellini
- Bookseller catalogs
- Antiquarian Raties;
- vol 1: 22cm x 15cm x 6.5cm, vol 2: same, but 3.5cm
Terms of Sale
Setton Book Collection
About the Seller
About Setton Book Collection
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.