English Lyrics. Chaucer to Poe. 1340-1809
by Henley, William Ernest (ed.)
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Second edition. Methuen and Co. London. 1905. Octavo. xiv, 412pp. Full grained red leather prize binding by Bumpus of Oxford Street. Spine in six compartments with gilt tooling and lettering. Gilt rules and floral border tooling to upper and lower boards. Gilt edge and inner tooling. All edges gilt. Marbled endpapers, with light spotting. Silk bookmark. Bumpus Binder's stamp to fep. Monmouth High School for Girls. Inscription to ffep dated July 1910: awarded to Cicely Egles. Prize for Literature.
Cicely Egles (1892-1974) left in 1910 to train as secretary to Octavia Hill and lived at 190 Marylebone Road with her.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- English Lyrics. Chaucer to Poe. 1340-1809
- Henley, William Ernest (ed.)
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Methuen and Co
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Literature; Christmas gift ideas; Fine Bindings;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]