FEEDING THE FUTURE From Fat to Famine: How to Solve the World's Food Crises
by Heintzman, Andrew & Evan Solomon
- Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
House of Anansi Press. Fine in Near Fine dust jacket. 2004. First Edition. Hardcover. 0887841864 . HC/DJ - fine/near fine. Excellent condition. Hardcover is clean and unmarked. Jacket has light soiling and a little edge crinkling. ; Ingenuity Project, The; 8vo 8" - 9" tall; 336 pages; From global famine to fast-food fat, from mad cows to depleted soil, what ingenuity is available to alleviate the worlds most pressing problems of food. How can we nourish billions of people without risking our environment? How do we make our food safe? Feeding the Future: From Fat to Famine, How to Solve the Worlds Food Crises provides realistic, practical answers to these urgent and challenging questions. Building on the success of Fueling the Future, a national bestseller that was nominated for a National Business Book Award and a Canadian Science Writers Association Award, editors Andrew Heintzman and Evan Solomon once again assembled a collection of the clearest, brightest minds from around the world, this time to confront the problem of how we will all eat in the future. The contributors, who include such leading thinkers on food as William I. Atkinson, Kelly Brownell, Frances Moore Lappe and Anna Lappe, Ian MacLachlan, Sylvia Ostry, Carl Safina, Eric Schlosser, and David Wheeler, tackle issues ranging from industrial farming and sustainability to global trade and nutrition. Their ingenious ideas encompass solutions to the developed worlds obesity epidemic, business models for sustainable food production, and emerging technologies and sciences, and they debate the merits of controversial techniques such as the use of genetically modified organisms (GMOs). By offering workable solutions to the worlds food crises, the contributors to Feeding the Future satisfy one of our most pressing needs: simple, healthy answers. Feeding the Future is the second book in the Ingenuity Project, an annual multimedia series that also includes CBC Radio and Web programs and a magazine partnership with Macleans.  .
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Riverwood's Books (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- FEEDING THE FUTURE From Fat to Famine: How to Solve the World's Food Crises
- Heintzman, Andrew & Evan Solomon
- Book Condition
- Used - Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- Quantity Available
- First Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- House of Anansi Press
- Place of Publication
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Date Published
- 0887841864, Food Crises, Food Shortages, Politics, Law & Government
- Bookseller catalogs
- Law & Govt; Politics; Social Sciences - Minority Studies;
Terms of Sale
NOTES ON SHIPPING: All Items ship from Canada via Canada Post.
- U.S. Customers: Airmail options only. Surface mail has been discontinued. Expedited option is Tracked Packet or Expedited Parcel.
- Canadian Customers: due to Canada Post's excessive charges, shipping within Canada has gotten quite expensive. Prices don't increase dramatically with size and weight, so multiple items in the same order can be more cost effective. Also, items which can ship via letter mail will reduce shipping costs considerably. Feel free to inquire.
- International/Overseas (non-U.S.) Customers - Please Note: Due to recent extremely slow deliveries and customer complaints for overseas surface mail, I have had to switch shipping options to the more expensive tracked/insured option. The lower priced surface mail or airmail options may be available for lower priced items. Please inquire. Also, we cannot be held responsible for items lost in shipment if you have not chosen the tracked/insured method.
- Our Shipping estimates are based on an average sized book, weighing up to 500 grams (or approx. 18 oz.) and your actual shipping cost may vary. If your book is small or very light (i.e. a small paperback), shipping will be reduced.
- If your order is heavy (over 500 grams) or oversized, we will contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
- Please contact us if you would like an exact quote on shipping.
- Credit card payments can be made to Biblio or Paypal.
- RETURNS: Returns on books in their original condition accepted within 30 days. A restocking fee may apply. Please contact us before returning an item. Please Note that unless we have made an error on the order that all shipping costs will be the responsibility of the buyer. No returns accepted on DVD's, VHS or CD's.
- Please Note that any shipping time estimates are based on business days only and do not include weekends or statutory holidays.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Riverwood's Books
Riverwood's is an online bookshop, based in Edmonton, Alberta.We carry a wide range of vintage, used & new books, including first editions, signed books, vintage paperbacks, children's vintage, and other out of print titles. You'll also find an excellent selection of reference and non-fiction books covering a variety of topics and interests.If there's a particular title you're looking for, we would be happy to help you track it down.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The book is pristine and free of any defects, in the same condition as ...