The Grapes of Wrath
by STEINBECK, JOHN
- Reprint edition. A very good copy in dust jacket; in a custom cloth clamshell box. Presentation copy; inscribed by the author to
Standard Delivery: 5 to 10 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath stands as a pivotal piece of American literature. The story follows the Joad family (and thousands of others) as they are driven from the Oklahoma farm where they are sharecroppers during the Great Depression. The drought, economic hardship, and changes in financial and agricultural industries send them searching for dignity and honest work in the bountiful state of California. The novel earned Steinbeck the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1940, and inspired the classic film of the same name the same year. The film starred Henry Fonda as Tom Joad, and Steinbeck's words and ideas shine through that medium. In 1962, Steinbeck was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for the body of his work, and The Grapes of Wrath stands as his most recognized and esteemed book. -
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Grapes of Wrath
- STEINBECK, JOHN
- Book condition
- Used - Reprint edition. A very good copy in dust jacket; in a custom cloth clamshell box. Presentation copy; inscribed by the author to
- Sun Dial Press
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc.
About the Seller
About Peter L. Stern & Company, Inc.
Specializing in 19th and 20th century literature, signed and inscribed books, and manuscripts we maintain a high quality inventory. Our shop is located in the heart of Newton Centre where we are open by chance or appointment
In the long-standing tradition of the rare book trade we continue to mail regular catalogues to our customers. We are easily accessible via the MBTA Green Line's D Branch. We travel widely and attend both international and local book fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]