Historic Doubts on the Life and Reign of King Richard the Third
by Walpole, Horace
- See description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Including: Supplement to the Historic Doubts on the Life and Reign of King Richard III.
A Reply to the Observations of the Rev. Dr. Milles, Dean of Exeter, and President of the Society of Antiquities, On The Wardrobe Account of 1483, &c. Printed at the end of Archaeologia, or Miscellaneous Tracts relating to Antiquity. Published by the Society of Antiquaries of London, 1770.Short Observations on The Remarks of the Rev. Mr. Masters, on the Historic Doubts, published in the second volume of the Archaeologia.
Postscript to My Historic Doubts, Written in February 1793
Richard III (1452-1485) The last King of the House of York, and the last of the Plantagenets. He died at the Battle of Bosworth Field, the final decisive Battle of the Wars of the Roses. Following the search for king Richard III led by Phillipa Langley, in 2012 his remains were excavated and exhumed from the site of the old Greyfriars Church in Leicester where he had been interred following the Battle. He was reburied at Leicester Cathedral.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Historic Doubts on the Life and Reign of King Richard the Third
- Walpole, Horace
- Book Condition
- Quantity Available
- Printed for C. C. and J. Robinson, Paternoster Row and J. Edwards, Pall Mall.
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- 0.00 lbs
- Royalty, English Monarchy, History, Plantagenets, Leicester, Wars of the Roses
- Bookseller catalogs
- History; Military History; British Local History;
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged, when reported promptly upon receipt. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature may be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost.
Regrettably, customers may find that there may be delays in delivery due to the current situation. We regret that we cannot be responsible for taxes or duties imposed in the customer's country.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Full page illustration or photograph. Plates are printed separately from the text of the book, and bound in at production. I.e.,...
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...
- Spine Strip
- The material covering the spine, or the rear portion of the outside of a book.
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder...