Modern Figure Skating. With a Preface by the Rt. Hon. Sir Samuel Hoare.
by Richardson, T. D
- See item description
Hay on Wye, Herefordshire
Standard Delivery: 8 to 25 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
First edition. Methuen & Co. London. 1930. Small quarto. 200pp. Photo frontis., 29 further plates, 2 diagrams. Original blue cloth, gilt lettering to spine and cover. Some spotting to edges. A nice copy.
Thomas Dow (Tyke) Richardson (1887-1971) Olympic ice-skater, author and judge, began skating in 1891, the winter of the Great Frost. Modern Figure Skating became the fundamental work in figure skating for decades, here presenting his Theory of the Sixteen Positions for the first time.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Paul Haynes Rare Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Modern Figure Skating. With a Preface by the Rt. Hon. Sir Samuel Hoare.
- Richardson, T. D
- Book condition
- Used - See item description
- Quantity available
- Methuen & Co.
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Sport, Skating, Olympic
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Paul Haynes Rare Books
We hope to describe items accurately, and any purchase may be returned if it does not correspond with the description, on condition that postal arrangements for return are confirmed as soon as possible with us in advance of return.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. All items are fully insured during transit, a signature will be required on delivery. Heavier items and multi volume sets may incur a commensurate increase in the postage cost. Post Brexit postage costs have suddenly increased, and may be subject to change. We will endeavour to find the most cost efficient means of postage for our customers. If we can find a lower price for postage we will adjust the charge accordingly. Regrettably, European customers may find that there are currently long delays in delivery due to the Brexit chaos.
About the Seller
About Paul Haynes Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]