Peter and Wendy
by BARRIE, J.M
- near fine
- Near Fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
1911 1st ed Peter Pan and Wendy JM Barrie Children's Literature Illustrated
"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it."
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
A fine first American printing of "Peter and Wendy" by J.M. Barrie. The story of Peter Pan is one of most famous and beloved children's stories of all time and has inspired some of the most enjoyed films, music, and plays.
Bound in original green cloth with "Published October, 1911" with the Scribner' seal on the copyright page – a true American first printing. The title was later changed to 'Peter Pan and Wendy' in later editions.
Item number: #30020
Peter and Wendy
New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1911. First edition. First printing
· Collation: Complete with all pages
o vii, , 267, 
o 12 illustrations
· Edition notes
o 1. Scribner's seal on copyright page
o 2."Published October, 1911" on copyright page
· Language: English
· Binding: Hardcover; tight and secure
o Decorative green cloth
· Size: ~8.25in X 5.75in (20.5cm x 14.5cm)
Very Fast. Very Safe. Free Shipping Worldwide.
Customer satisfaction is our priority! Notify us with 7 days of receiving, and we will offer a full refund without reservation!
Photos available upon request.
Peter and Wendy (1911) is the title of James M. Barrie's novelization of his most famous play, Peter Pan: or, The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up (1904). Inspired by Barrie's friendship with the Llewelyn Davies family, both the play and the novel tell the story of Peter Pan, a mischievous young boy who can fly, and his adventures on the island of Neverland with Wendy Darling and her brothers. The novel follows the play closely, though its final chapter is an addition to the original work. Peter and Wendy was first published in 1911 by Hodder & Stoughton in the United Kingdom and Charles Scribner's Sons in the United States. In 1929, Barrie gave the copyright to the works featuring Peter Pan to Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), Britain's leading children's hospital.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Peter and Wendy
- BARRIE, J.M
- Hardcover; tight and secure
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Charles Scribner's Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 1911 1st ed Peter Pan and Wendy JM Barrie Children’s Literature Illustrated, rare, antique, old, first edition, 1st state, provenance, signed, inscribed, dust jacket, vellum, manuscript, engravings, illustrations, leather, plates, maps, antiquarian
Terms of Sale
Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
About the Seller
About Schilb Antiquarian Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [More]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [More]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]