Le Petit Prince (French Language edition)
by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
second printing French language hardcover in first state dust jacket (Reynal and Hitchcock, 1943); no prior owner marks; little age tone to text pages, darkening, offsetting to paste-downs; tight bind; clean cloth cover vivid titling; dj has darkening along spine and edges; dj edge wear: rubbing along folds, small nicks at top corner tips, shallow chipping at spine ends; flap price present; publisher's address 386 Fourth Avenue, New York dskambibab
The Little Prince, published in 1943, is french aviator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's most famous novella. Saint-Exupéry wrote it while living in the United States. It has been translated into more than 180 languages and sold more than 80 million copies making it one of the best selling books ever. An earlier memoir by the author recounts his aviation experiences in the Saharan desert. He is thought to have drawn on these same experiences for use as plot elements in The Little Prince.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- DrPanglossBooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Le Petit Prince (French Language edition)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Book condition
- Used - Good
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- Reynal and Hitchcock
- Date published
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged. Prospective buyers whose addresses lie outside the United States should inquire about postage charges, as those posted are inaccurate. All books priced at 40 USD and higher require Priority International Mail service. Sorry, no exceptions, as too many problems have arisen using first class international postage.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- first state
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]