They Shoot Horses, Don't They
by McCoy, Horace
- Very Good+/Good
Portland, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An existential examination of America via the marathon dance craze of the Great Depression, which inspired a 1969 film directed by Sydney Pollack.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- They Shoot Horses, Don't They
- McCoy, Horace
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket Condition
- Quantity Available
- First British Edition
- Arthur Barker Ltd
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- Fore Edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a traditional...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A plain weave fabric normally made from cotton or linen which is stiffened with starch or other chemicals to cover the book...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...