Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New Zealand: William Heinemann Ltd., 1954. Red cloth on boards with gilt titles, couple of tiny spots. Light few splotches of speckled wear to front & rear boards. Sunning to head of spine. Head & foot of spine with small wear and light bumping. Soft rubbing to some of the extremeties. Edges: mild foxing, yellowing and a touch soiling. Small booksellers sticker to foot of ffep. Light sprinkling to foxing to eps and to a few only pages margins. Binding is VG. 249p Dj: yellowing and light rubbing. Sunning to spine. Head & foot of spine with thin wear, small tears, chips and to bottom of spine a 1 cm open v-tear piece missing. Spine side seams with closed splits and old tape repair on inside. Head & foot of flaps spine with small chips. Price-cut to front flap foot. . First Edition. Hb. VG/VG.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- BOOKMARK Ltd (NZ)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Slide Rule The Autobiography of An Engineer
- Shute, Nevil
- Book condition
- Used - VG
- Jacket condition
- First Edition
- William Heinemann Ltd.
- Place of Publication
- New Zealand
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Will reimburse cost of book, if not as described.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2006
Ask Seller a Question
About BOOKMARK Ltd
BOOK.MARK carries a large inventory of most subjects, the majority of which are not listed on the Net.Open 7 days.Shop has a great atmospere and plenty of memorabilia and curios to add to the pleasures of browsing the shelves.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical...[more]
- Very Good Condition book with a Very Good Condition dust jacket. Very Good Condition indicates a used book that does show some...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]