Twenty-three Unused Surviving Double-Page Mechanical Engineering Etchings in an Album.: Meccanica architettonica e industriale con regole pratiche per le costruzioni, e per l’uso delle macchine, di Luigi Paccinotti, Prof. Di Fisica Technologica e di Meccanica Sperimentale nell’I. R. Università di Pisa.
by Pacinotti, Luigi
- See description
New York, New York
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Pacinotti, Luigi. Twenty-three Etchings in an Album. Unused Surviving Illustrations Intended for Meccanica architettonica e industriale con regole pratiche per le costruzioni, e per l'uso delle macchine, di Luigi Paccinotti, Prof. Di Fisica Technologica e di Meccanica Sperimentale nell'I. R. Università di Pisa. Bologna: Calcografia di Giovanni Zecchi; Incisori: P. Romagnoli, Casanova, F. Zecchi, B. Rosaspina; . Presumed first edition of these etchings. The untrimmed sheets measure 28 cm x 38 cm. Luigi Pacinotti (1807 – 1889) was Chair of Experimental Physics at the University of Pisa 1831 – 1840, when he then moved to the Chair of Technological Physics. With the exception of a slight printing defect on the recto of Tav. IV, the condition of these illustrations is fine. This stain does not affect the legibility of the image as it measures only 1.5 cm. The book is a bound album in marbled paper boards with a repaired vellum spine and corners. There is a three-word annotation on the lower backstrip in ink, in Italian. 29 cm x 21 cm.
Tav. I: Introduzione, P. Romagnoli, Incisore;
Tav. II: Disegno di macchine, Casanova, Incisore;
Tav. III: Centro di gravità, C. Casanova, Incisore;
Tav. IV: Macchine semplici, Casanova, Incisore;
Tav. V: Macchine semplici, Casanova, Incisore;
Tav. VI: Motori animati, P. Romagnoli, Incisore;
Tav. VII: Motori animati, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. VIII: Vento; Molle, P. Romagnoli, Incisore;
Tav. IX: Ruote, Idrauliche, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. X: Aqua, Ruote Idrauliche, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. XI: Ruote Idrauliche, Trombe, Stampata nella Calcografia di Giovanni Zecchi in Bologna; senza firma;
Tav. XII: Aqua, Macchine a Colonna d'Acqua, Trottola, F. Zecchi;
Tav. XIII: Macchine Idrauliche, P. Romagnoli, Incisore;
Tav. XIV: Machine [sic] Idrauliche, B. Rosaspina, Incisore;
Tav. XV: Ruote idrauliche – Organi meccanici, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. XVI: Organi meccanici, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. XVII: Trasmissione del Moto. Ingranaggio, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. XVIII: Organi Meccanici, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. XIX: Organi Meccanici, B. Rosaspina Incisore;
Tav. XX: Organi Meccanici, B. Rosaspina Incisore;
Tav. XXI: Macchine d'Agricoltura, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. XXII: Mestieri, F. Zecchi, Incisore;
Tav. XXIII: Macchine Metallurgiche, F. Zecchi, Incisore.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or Create an Account first!)
- G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Twenty-three Unused Surviving Double-Page Mechanical Engineering Etchings in an Album.
- Pacinotti, Luigi
- Incisori: P. Romagnoli, Casanova, F. Zecchi, B. Rosaspina
- Marbled boards with a vellum spine.
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Calcografia di Giovanni Zecchi
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Pacinotti, Industrial Revolution, Physics, Experimental Physics
- Bookseller catalogs
- Science & Technology; Italian Books; Libri Italiani; Illustrated Books,; Etchings; Physics; Experimental Physics; Industrial Revolution;
- 29 cm x 21 cm
Terms of Sale
G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB
We ship to the buyer at a verified address. It is important for our customers to understand that we ship to the buyer at this verified address. All material is guaranteed as described and given a life-time guarantee of authenticity. All material is returnable within ten calendar days with advance written notification from the buyer stating the reason for the return. Returned material must be returned in exactly the same condition and secure internal wrapping in which it was shipped for a full refund to be made. Customers are expected to pay for shipping at the time of purchase according to weight, desired speed of delivery and for the insured value of the shipment. Some large, heavy books or sets of books, will require additional shipping. It is recommended that customers request shipments be sent to themselves in their own names by the most secure means to their verified addresses to assure speedy and secure insured delivery. For some customers outside the United States, special arrangements may be necessary to assure safe and secure delivery. We accept checks drawn on United States banks in dollars, as well as payments through PayPal. Sales to residents of New York State and New York City are subject to state and local taxes. All books and/or items remain the property of G. Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper until payment in full has been received. All material is subject to prior sale.
About the Seller
About G.Gosen Rare Books & Old Paper, ABAA, ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Vellum is a sheet of specialty prepared skin of lamb, calf, or goat kid used for binding a book or for printing and writing. ... [More]
- The page on the right side of a book, with the term Verso used to describe the page on the left side.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [More]
- marbled paper
- Decorative colored paper that imitates marble with a veined, mottled, or swirling pattern. Commonly used as the end papers or... [More]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [More]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [More]