An international edition textbook is a version of a textbook that has been produced for distribution outside of the U.S.
- Typically the ISBN of an international edition is not the same as the ISBN of a US edition.
- The cover image is also usually different
- International editions are usually soft cover.
- International editions may have black and white illustrations
- International editions may not include CD ROMs or other supplementary materials that may have been included with the U.S. edition textbook.
- International edition textbooks will often be published with cover information indicating that they are intended for foreign markets.