An international edition textbook is a version of a textbook that has been produced for distribution outside of the U.S.
- Typically the ISBN of an international edition is not the same as the ISBN of a US edition.
- The cover image is also usually different
- International editions are usually soft cover.
- International editions may have black and white illustrations
- International editions may not include CD ROMs or other supplementary materials that may have been included with the U.S. edition textbook.
- International edition textbooks will often be published with cover information indicating that they are intended for foreign markets.
The publishers of international editions typically do not authorize the sale and distribution of these editions in United States and Canada. Distribution or sale of these items in United States and Canada may violate the trademarks or copyrights of the publishers of these items.