Finding used books online

Finding used books online with Biblio

Search for books

When you know exactly what book you want

If you know the author, title or ISBN of the book you are looking for, you can search very simply and quickly on Biblio.com by using the book search box which appears at the top right hand corner of every page.

While this “quick search” will give you a simple, easy way to search our entire inventory of used books, you may also get a little more granularity of control on your search by using our advanced used book search, where you can specify multiple criteria.

Tips for success with your out-of-print booksearch

1. If you get too many books in your results, you may want to include more information in your search.   Alternatively, you can use the handy search refinement links on the right hand side of your results.
  2. If you don’t get enough books in your results, or get no results, try checking your spelling, and/or removing a couple of words from your search.

Browse used books

When you want to find a particular book subject or interest

There are a few different ways to browse books on Biblio.com, each with its own advantages, depending on the type of books you are interested in looking to find.

Discount books

If you are looking for discount used books, you’ll want to pay a visit to our Specials and Discount Books section. Inside, you’ll find hundreds of thousands of books on sale from dozens of booksellers – due to inventory reductions, clearance sales, or other special events. Every sale is for a limited time only, so make sure to bookmark this page so you can check back often – whether you’re looking to bolster your Historical Romance collection with some new books, or hoping to save money on out-of-print Americana. You never know what you’ll find!

Rare books and collectible books

If you’re an avid collector of antiquarian, modern, or rare books, our Rare Books Room is an absolute must! Inside, you’ll find some of the finest books offered online by booksellers who you know and trust, all presented in a unique, appealing visual manner, and neatly organized by subject.

Discount textbooks

If you’re a student, our textbooks section is the best place to get started to find cheap textbooks!

This entry was written by and posted on August 10, 2010 at 11:06 am, filed under How-to, Search Tips and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink

32 Responses to “Finding used books online”

1. Martha Gummerman

I am looking for a children’s book my husband had in the 1940’s.

It was about some men and their troubles with their cars.

I think it was called–

The Red, White, and Blue Auto
    The Little Red White and Blue Auto

I don’t know the author.

It is about their cars breaking down, and they use the parts of all three to make one new, workable car which they all ride in together.

The men are Mr. White, Mr. Blue, Red, and Mr. Head.

The owner of the factory where they work I think is Mr. Head. He says his car not working is unsatisfactory for the head of a factory.

Mr. Blue blubbers, “Now, I have gone and burned up all my rubber.”

I need help finding out the true title and the author.

Martha

2. florence osborne

Searching for textbook for PGCE studies. J Roden 2005 Science Matters.

Any condition copy (must be readable !)

Any help appreciated as Uni term starts soon.

3. Michael Nye

I am looking for books (second or new) written in Spanish. My wife is Spanish and we are unable to purchase Spanish novels etc locally.

4. Misty

I have the complete set of volume 1-24 of the Marshall Cavendish International Wildlife Encyclopedia the copyright on it is 1988 I have the ISBN number too and when I type it in it brings up the 1991 or the 2002 copyright edition. If anyone has any ideas of why I can’t find this copyright year for this set please let me know. Thanks

5. Nancy

I am looking for the Montana Mavericks series from #33–51.any help?

6. Prof. Satya Mahapatra

I need early childhood language development books for diagnostics

7. Quania Anderson

I am searching for a few high school and college yearbooks. How can I locate these out of print books.

Class of 1981 – Madison High, Houston, TX
    Class of1989 – Southern University, Baton Rouge, La
    Class of 1982-83 – Prairie View A

8. Yvonne Manickam

I am looking for a book my G Grandfather wrote- Fredrick Ernest Tillemont Thomason. Our King

• susan lewis

Hello, did you have any luck finding the book? I was good friend to Vic Ducker when I lived in Oxfordshire

9. Rupal

I am looking for book -Case-based geriatrics review : 500 questions and critiques from the Geriatrics review syllabus.

10. Sandy Nuss

I am looking for a children’s book that my boyfriend read in the 1980s. Probably an easy or chapter book. All he remembers is that the story ends with someone, likely a grandfather, blowing up the house with flatulence. Any ideas?

11. Gilkey Publications

When I search for “Most recently added” books, why do books in which the “copy is no longer available” come up listed first?

12. Cindi Downer

I am searching for a children’s book I had when I was very young. I’m not sure of the title or author, but will recongnize it if I see it. It’s about Hayfoot, Strawfoot, Left Foot, Right Foot. It’s also about children walking to school and picking up other children along the way. They all say “Hayfoot, Strawfoot”. I can remember some of the pictures very vividly. Not sure what happened to my book. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13. Lynn Dills

I have been searching for a book I read as a teen, It was fairly old then which was around 1969 or 70. It was about a group of teens who went spelunking, and got trapped in the caves, when they came out another way they were in a valley of dinosaurs. Anyone have any suggestions. Can’t remember title or author. In my 40s I learned my sister had been searching for years for the same book. If it impressed us that much it had to have impressed others the same way.

14. Laura King

Looking for a book I read as a young girl in the 1960’s. I am not sure of the title or author. The story is about a girl, about 13 years old or so who lives somewhere where it is very dusty and tornadoes are common (OK maybe?) She plants an apple tree and has to protect it from the weather, hail, animals (pigs I think) and locusts. Her goal is to make an apple dumpling (like her grandmother).

This book made such an impression on me and I have been looking for it for several years. I read it about 40 years ago.

Thanks for any help given.
    Laura

15. PETER KERNZ

prior comment/question on search criteria
    is no longer relevant for me. The issue
    has been cleared up. Thank you.

16. marie kelly

have you got,where the buffalo roamed,by e.l.marsh.with introducdions by r.g.mc beth m.a author of setkirk settlers in real life,and the making of the canadian west,with illustration from paintings by paul kane and from photo and drawings,toronto william briggs 1908.

17. matt jobs

I was in to same kind of situation before few months and I did search a lot for it but couldn’t find exact book, but once in a books club website I got a comment on my post about Online Books store fro which we can find such books easily. All Best Selling Books , in Famous authors , etc were listed in that website. If you want you can check online it would help you.

Cheers
    Matt

18. Judith Bjone Liebelt

I am looking for the book Little House on the Prairie in Norwegian. I believe the name is lite hus på prærien or hus på prærien. Thank you for your help.

Judith

19. Apostle Edward Kofi Ampadu

I am looking for the kenneth boa’s book, the title of the book is Cults World Religions And You.I believe that you are the only network can help me to get the copils of that book.Please help me for get it.Thank you for your support.

20. Don

Hi, I am searching for some home ec or child development textbooks that would have been in circulation around 1999 or 2000. These were high school textbooks used in Louisiana schools. i don’t have much memory of what they look like exactly but i do believe they were hard cover books. Thank for any help.

21. Gini Brown

You sent me the book I was looking for. “Tales of the Secret Service” by Harold C., Keyes…1927. I took a long shot and hoped that it was the one inscribed to my father…Harold E. Fendler. It wasn’t. Are you able to search for the one with his name?

22. Kimberley Heintz

I am looking for a book called From Richmond to Richmond by Mary V Zielinski. Published in 1990 by Robert D. and Dora Kallaus. It is a book on the history of Richmond, Iowa. I believe it is a soft cover book.

23. Dan Wise

The multiple isbn search is nice. It found results for a handful of books, but the list had to be manually scanned against the input list to identify which items were not found.

When searching textbooks bundled with student access codes for interactive study, will the search consider separate components?
    Note: two components often have independent isbn #s and a third isbn # for the bundle. Also, students can not use the interactive product and then transfer ownership like a text.

24. ivy parker

I” m not computer smart I need a phone number to talk to a person. I only have the name of the book I need.

25. Esther Dominguez

Hello I have a John Greenleaf Whittier book called Whittier’s Poems 1864Vol I Boston: Tichnor and Fields M DCCC LXIII. I would like to know it’s value and if I could sell it as well
    Thanks in advance for your assistance

26. Esther Dominguez