A Commentary on the Book of Exodus
by U. Cassuto
- VG++ to as new; only 5 pages out of 509 w/minimal marks! Perfect light brown textured boards & spine. Date, price+ExLibris. Beau/DJ is almost like new, minor edge fray on top front & professionally covered with library grade Mylar for protection & preservat
Leander, Texas, United States
Bibliophiles Club Membership
Standard delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Pure COLLECTIBLE! An amazingly well preserved almost as new 409 page rare hardback! This monumental volume was first published in Hebrew in Jerusalem in 1951 & this first English edition was published in 1967. Online comments: "The last of the commentaries rendered into English, this Cassuto's work ranks among the finest modern contributions to the treasury of Biblical learning." 'Umberto Cassuto's comments have a vivid quality seldom found in the exegetical writings of other Biblical expositors, who all too often prefer a jejune and lifeless approach to their subject, however he succeeds in injecting a sense of dramatic excitement into his interpretations. Without neglecting the scientific data provided by archaeological and philological research, he makes us conscious of the literary attributes of the Bible. This present work does not separate the annotations from the Biblical text, but forms a continuous, unified commentary in which the Scriptural citations are interlinked with the exposition.' Contains three valuable Indexes: (1) Biblical References (for each chapter & verse), (2) Other Literary References (Ancient & Modern), & (3) Notabilia. This 1967 edition is a Perry Foundation For Biblical Research volume.
VG++ to as new; only 5 pages out of 509 w/minimal marks! Very limited underlining & notations that do not affect the text.NOT ex-Library. Date & price plus ExLibris on FEP. The spine is undamaged and the binding is tight, as if unused; no creases. Binding tight, hinges strong. Beautiful light brown textured boards with bold dark brown lettering on the spine; no rips, tears or bumps! DJ is almost like new, minor edge fray on top front & professionally covered with library grade Mylar for protection & preservation. The pictures depict the actual book you will receive. Countries other than USA will require additional shipping cost. The weight/size of this volume will require some additional shipping costs. Ships with Tracking Number!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Eastman Bookstore (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- A Commentary on the Book of Exodus
- U. Cassuto
- Spine and binding very tight
- Book Condition
- New VG++ to as new; only 5 pages out of 509 w/minimal marks! Perfect light brown textured boards & spine. Date, price+ExLibris. Beau
- Jacket Condition
- DJ is almost like new, minor edge fray on top front & professionally covered with library grade Mylar for protection & preservat
- Quantity Available
- 1967 First English edition
- The Magnes Press
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- Commentary on Exodus,, Old Testament Commentary on Exodus, Exegesis of Exodus, the Exodus, Jewish history, history of Israel, Jewish studies, exposition of Exodus
- Bookseller catalogs
- Reference; Religion: Bible Commentaries; Jewish-Hebrew; Jewish Studies; Rare; Hebrew Resource; Collectible; Old Testament Studies;
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Eastman Bookstore
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"...