Hunchback of Notre Dame (Modern Readers Library)
by Hugo, Victor
- very good
- Very Good/No DJ Included
Salem, Oregon, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Hugo, Victor. Undated. Circa 1950. William J. Hill Co., Inc. Chicago, Ill. Not an illustrated edition. USED. VG/No DJ Included. Adventure Fiction Romance/Horror. Sorry about the group photo, but please see stock photo of binding for William J. Hill editions for the item being offered here. Blue Boards, gilt titling and red ornamentation on spine. 380 pages. 5 ½ X 8 ¼. Summary: Classic title by French Author Victor Hugo about cruelty, courage, and love. A clean, square, solid copy.
Extended Description and Notes
HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME. Summary: Classic title by French Author Victor Hugo about cruelty, courage, and love. A clean, square, solid copy.
Victor Hugo’s famous French Gothic novel, Notre-Dame de Paris ( also called The Hunchback of Notre-Dame ), was originally published in 1831. It is set in Paris during the 15th century. It follows Quasimodo, a disabled bell-ringer, on his quest for love from the beautiful dancer, Esmerelda. The first edition, titled Notre-Dame de Paris , was written in French and published by Gosselin on the 16th of March, 1831, in Paris, France. Since then, the novel has been through numerous editions and has been translated to many different languages. Notre-Dame de Paris has also been adapted into many various film, television, and theatre productions since conception.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Mary Riversong Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Hunchback of Notre Dame (Modern Readers Library)
- Hugo, Victor
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- No DJ Included
- Quantity Available
- First Edition Thus
- William J. Hill
- Place of Publication
- Chicago, Ill
- Date Published
- 5 1/2 X 8 1/4
- Cruelty, Valor, Cathedral, Crippled, Deformed, Ugliness, Beauty, Kindness, Cruelty, Faith, Religion, Sanctuary, Le Miserable', France, History of France, Bellringer, Deafness, Torture, Drama, Salvation, Adventure Fiction Romance, Knighthood, Captain, Cap
- Bookseller catalogs
- For Sale; Books Into Film; Performing Arts; Religion; Fantasy; Social Sciences; Anthropology; PSYCHOLOGY; Classics; Justice; Drama; Language Arts; Love; Tragedy; Movies; Disability; History of France; Faith; Fashion and Costumery; Historical Fiction; Adventure Fiction Romance; Young Adult Literature; 19th Century Literature; Romance Fiction; Horror Novel; Film History;
Terms of Sale
Mary Riversong Books
About the Seller
About Mary Riversong Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Stock Photo
- Stock photos are a generic representation of the book and do not reflect the actual item or its condition. These are shown in...
This Book’s Categories
- Children & Juvenile Young Readers
- Fiction & Literature Action & Adventure
- Fiction & Literature Classic Literature
- Fiction & Literature Historical Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Psychological Fiction
- Fiction & Literature Science Fiction & Fantasy Fantasy
- Fiction & Literature Fiction by Period 19th Century Literature
- Fiction & Literature Horror & Supernatural Fiction