Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Last of the Mohicans is a historical novel by James Fenimore Cooper, first published in January 1826. It was one of the most popular English-language novels of its time. Its narrative flaws were criticized from the start, and its length and elaborately formal prose style have reduced its appeal to later readers. Mark Twain, in particular, was critical of the author's style: "Cooperâ€™s art has some defects.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Church Street Books
payment with order. Refund if description inaccurate
About the Seller
About Church Street Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A book in slightly better than Very Good Condition with a Very Good Condition dust jacket. Very Good Condition indicates a used...[more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]