Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London: Victoria and Paradise Nurseries. Fair with no dust jacket. 1894. Hardcover. Lacking one preliminary leaf between the title page and the contents page. Amateur cloth tape repairs to joints and along ends of spine. Text block split in middle. Loss of cloth up to 3/4" along edges of corners of boards. Binding shaky. Several gatherings nearly detached. A good working copy. ; xix, 796 + plates + advertisements. Illustrated green cloth boards. All page edges gilt. Seventh edition, enlarged and revised to the present time by Henry Williams. "The cultivation of Orchidaceous plants is no longer exclusively the privledge of the few, now that their nature and requirements are better understood than was the case in former years." - from the introduction.; 8vo .
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Renaissance Books (NZ)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Orchid-Growers Manual.
- Williams, Benjamin Samuel
- Book condition
- Used - Fair with no dust jacket
- Victoria and Paradise Nurseries
- Place of Publication
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Any book not as described may be returned within 14 days of receipt for a full refund.
About the Seller
Biblio.com member since: 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Renaissance Books
We are located in Dunedin, in the South Island of New Zealand. We have in stock over 8,500 books. We are a general antiquarian and out-of-print home-based bookseller, with some particular specialty areas in English literature, Maori, Travel, Tibet, and New Zealand history.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A term used in bookbinding, where a gathering of sheets is folded at the middle, then bound into the binding together. The...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]