Rules of Proceeding and Debate in Deliberative Assemblies: Manual of Parliamentary Practive
by Cushing, Luther Stearns
- near fine
- Near Fine/n'a
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The name 'Babcock' is on fep in easily-erasable light pencilling. I have not removed it because it is a Boston name.Reverse of copyright page states 'Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1844 by LUTHER S. CUSHING In the clerk's office etc. Printed by William and Reynolds of Boston in 1845 and bound by Nourse an Remick, Binders, Boston (their label inside front board) and authored by Luther Stearns CUSHING (1803-1856) Born Lunenburg, Mass. Graduated Harvard Law School 1826 as sole such graduate. 1832 Clerk of the House of Representatives; 1844 Member of State Legislature; Judge in Court of Common Pleas; and then "Reporter of Decisions.
This historically-important book was given to me by my parliamentarian sister, whose name appears on small label on front board.My book is protected by strong transparent plastic with my sister's name on the plastic. This book printed by Samuel and Dickinson of Boston and published by Reynolds of Boston.
It measures 6" x 4". with ribbed spine bearing a red panel "Cushing's Manual." I took it to be full leather but my knowledgeable sister said it was goatskin (or was it sheepskin--I am getting on.) The front patterning is simple, plain with a frame. 173 pages plus blanks. There is foxing, but little else to detract from this being near fine. The leather/skin is rubbed on edges. Overall it is likely to be the finest copy to be found. A truly magnificent gift-- and you can do what I wouldn't, pull my sister's name from the front
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Michael's Pride and Joys (CA)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Rules of Proceeding and Debate in Deliberative Assemblies
- Cushing, Luther Stearns
- Full leather (goatskin/sheepskin) 4" x 6"
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- first edition first printing
- William J Reynolds
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Michael's Pride and Joys
About the Seller
About Michael's Pride and Joys
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Goatskin, leather made from goat, is durable and easy to dye. The original and finest examples of Morocco binding are goatskin....