Books Galore LLC
Festus, Missouri, USA
Books Galore LLC specializes in General, Roleplaying Games.
Search the inventory of Books Galore LLC
About Books Galore LLC
Open shop with both new and used book, about 70,000 books in stock. Also, music CD\'s, DVD\'s/Videos, & Electronic Games.
Books Galore LLC
Featured Books from Books Galore LLC
Terms of sale for Books Galore LLC
Please contact us for additional detail, to insure availability, or for photographs of an item.
Payment Methods Accepted
Rare Books from Books Galore LLC
We also have a brick-and-mortar store! Visit us at:
411 West Main Street
MO, United States
Interview with John Gilbert of Books Galore LLC
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- Started as a college job back in 1987.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- My dream jobs as a college kid were bookstore or record store, and after nagging the staff at a local store, they hired me part-time. Didn't hurt that I would run into a lot of book lovers at the local secondhand stores.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- Every secondhand or chain bookstore I've ever been in has influenced me in some manner.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- Just general selection, although the unusual items that come through the door can lead you to some expertise if you're curious enough.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- A late 30's copy of Mein Kampf in original German.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- All the great books, movies, and music that we see.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- Open storefront since 1997.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- No pets, our family has 2 dogs and a cat at home, and that's quite enough.
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- Within a few days of opening in our latest location, an older lady fell as she was leaving the store, hit her head on a concrete windowsill. She was taken away in an ambulance, and has recovered nicely.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Any reasonably-priced secondhand store that stocks LP's, CD's, DVD's, and, of course, books - VIVA LA ANALOG!
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- Fiction, bit of history, biography, and mystery. I'm not a collector, I buy what I like and I'm not a completist about anything.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Nothing terribly collectible, I made the decision early on that I was a seller, so if I can make money on it, it'll probably go! I do have a few non-valuable favorites that I keep, 1984, Confederacy of Dunces, Lord of the Rings Centennial Edition, etc.
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- Too tough a decision. Could I use the money to buy a classic guitar instead?
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- Catch 22, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, and Infinite Jest.